Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sick.

Hola, hola, today I am finally back at school.  I missed class yesterday because I got really sick Tues night.  I threw up a few times and decided I would not be going to school.  I couldn't really keep anything down until yesterday when al I ate was toast and rice and broth (and of course Aurora shoved some codfish in there, hidden within the rice) and a chicken breast.  I am also drinking a ton of Aquarius, which is like a mixture between Sprite or 7up and Gatorade, good for re-hydration.  I feel better now though and am hungry and thirsty, which I think are good signs.  

Tomorrow I leave for a weekend in Granada.  I am very excited to see the Alhambra and dance flamenco!  

I am in the process of setting up my classes and schedule. I have to ask for equivalencies in classes at Mizzou, so it will be kind of a long process.  I should have my schedule all figured out in about a week or so.  I won't be able to write until Monday, but I will tell you all about Granada then!  

Saludos,
B

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. What is the Spanish term for stomach flu? The nurse in me recommends staying away from spicy/acidic foods for a few days and stay hydrated Sounds like Aurora is taking good care of you. Make sure to take lots of pictures in Granada. Drink lots of non-alcoholic fluids. Love, Mom Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brynner
    So glad you have Aurora to help you with everything especially when you are sick. Why do both my girls get sick when they go overseas? Must be stress related lowered resistance. Can hardly wait to see your pics of Granada. Love you and miss your smilin' face
    Mom

    ReplyDelete