Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How to Be Spanish

Today in class, we talked about what we would have to do in order to appear Spanish. Here is part of the list we made:


-Wear black

-Have dark hair and dark skin

-Wear tall boots with high heels on them

-Always match your purse with your boots

-Smoke... a lot

-Speak Spanish with a Spanish accent

-Stay out until 6 in the morning

-Participate in massive Public Displays of Affection

-Speak very loudly

-Drive a motorcycle 


Last night I went for my VERY FIRST RUN in Alicante.  I know, its taken me three weeks to finally dig my tennies out of my armario and hit to streets.  I went around 7pm so I was just starting to get dark.  I strapped on the ol' iPod and bam!  My iPod headphones are broken so only the right one works.  I didnt know I would return home practically deaf in my right ear!  I ran to the beach (20 min) and all along the beach.  Come to find out, they have workout machines (weight) on the beach!  I ran all up and down the beach and then I stopped to walk.  I turned on Coldplay's "Swallowed in the Sea" and had my first moment with the Mediterranean.  I stooped to put my hands in and ended up just cupping a ton of sand in my hand, so then I had to put my hands in repeatedly to be able to get all the sand off...and believe me, its not very warm in January!  Some people were looking at me like I was from another planet, so I said, "Es mi primera vez", its my first time, EVER!! Then I ran away.  This crazy lady handed me a flyer as I was running off the beach for an internet cafe which i might try, but she looked crazy, she had pink hair and was kind o wearing a witch hat! Haha!  So I ran back past the port and looked at all the huge yachts and the wateer lapping up against the boats and wondered who owned them all.  Probably foreigners.  

Ran all the way home then up to my flat with my face as red as a beet.  It was warm enough to just wear yoga pants and a tshirt (I wore my Delt Mekong shirt :)  It was exhilarating, and I cant wait to run again.  It looks like it will be a nice day again today.


LOVE YOU!


3 comments:

  1. WOW! Love that you are running again. Sounds like a great place to run. Do i have to say I wish you were running with someone? Guess I will always worry. Good to talk to you today. I love you, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) That is a sweet shirt, 2) I am glad to see that Spanish people think you are as crazy as I do, and 3) I miss you, stop having fun and come be boring at Mizzou :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryn, Bryn - Like your bio mom said, be careful. You don't exactly look Spanish so you will be an "American beautiful girl running along the beach by herself." Take a friend or at least find a stray pup to tag along with you. Have fun. Enjoy the beauty and be safe.
    Okay, I feel better now. I really enjoy reading your blogs and seeing the pictures, but I need more information about the weather - sunny? temperatures? can you get a tan this time of year? what is the water temperature? is it windy? Zonkers and Matt say hi. Mike's aunt sent him some dinero so he can come and visit you. Love, Mom Z

    ReplyDelete