Friday, January 30, 2009

Aurora's Flash Cards and my First Sunrise




So Aurora takes English classes twice a week.  She struggles a lot with her Spanish.  Finally, after we did her homework (because we always do it together because she needs my help!) I decided I was going to make her flash cards.  Well, she had never seen flash cards before....SHE WAS SOOO EXCITED!  It was hilarious.  She is so excited to be able to practice on her own.  I guess the Spanish don't make flash cards but for me its the easiest way to learn a language!  I plan to make her more as soon as I can.  I made about 30 last night.

This morning I got up at 6:49 and had a Nescafé then I left to dar una vuelta a la playa AKA go for a walk to the beach.  My hope was to catch the sunrise.  Boooyyyyy, did I catch the sunrise.  Its about a 30 minute walk to the beach so by the time I got there I was obviously sweatinnnng but I got to walk along the beach.  It was fairly light out but the actual fire ball that is the sun had not yet slivered out from underneath the sea.  At about 8:10, it began to sliver up and the beach and the water filled with sunlight!  By 8:20, the entire giant ball that was the sun was up and the water and the beach looked magnificent!!!!!  It was such a cool experience.  I plan to do it again.  And great exercise.  I had already walked an hour by the time I got ready for my day.  Whooo!!
Pics, although not mine, are what I saw.

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweetie
    I can hardly wait to go see the sun rise when I am in Alicante! You made it sounds so special. Let's make sure we do that.
    Read Kelseys blog, too.Glad you and Aurora are getting along fine. Clever of you to think of flash cards. Gotta go to Moberly
    love you mom

    ReplyDelete