Thursday, June 3, 2010






Well, let's just say my first day in DC has been an ADVENTURE. I still haven't slept since I got on the plane, about 34 hours ago. So I'm a bit tired. Turns out the place I was going to live was filled with not only hippies but a lot of CAVE CRICKETS. If you don't know what those are, consider yourself lucky. So at 4am, I booked a room for the 2 months in a dorm at GW and moved in roughly 4 hours later to find that I have 2 roommates this time, I think Courtney and Lauren. I haven't really met them yet. I don't think they were expecting me though, since all of this happened so fast. I have been exploring only to Target twice and to CVS to get my Metro pass. Turns out my internship site (which starts Monday) is only a few stops away on the blue line. I'm getting to be a pretty much expert at the Metro...yeah, right. But, it'll come. At this point I just unloaded all my stuff into the closets and the dresser and am waiting for my roommates to return from their internships so I can meet them. In the meantime, I might go for a walk/run to clear my mind and explore, always! It has gotten cloudier here so it will be cooler, but its HUMID like Missouri...imagine that. I am missing St. Louis with all my heart but I know this is a good experience and I feel much more comfortable in my new living space. Here are some pics and a pic of those nasty things called cave crickets. Hope you never have to see one.
I know, boring pics. The monuments will come later. Hopefully on my run tomorrow I can reach the Lincoln Memorial. Hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment