Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cool day at the office!





Today we had an exciting day at the office! In addition to getting my REAL ID AND REAL LANYARD with the AP symbol...

We went hurriedly at 2 to a protest that was happening within the capitol at a representatives office. People (Code Pink) were threatening to be arrested for protesting, because they felt so strongly about the government not doing anything against Gaza.

I watched Nitza the reporter (one of my supervisors) and Willy, the cameraman, get some great shots and have her do a stnad-up which is the head shot of reporter outside the place telling whats going on.

After that protest (interesting!) we went to a COngressional hearing. This one I loved. There were 5 Mexican women, including one only 11 years old, that testified against abuses by the police in Arizona following this new law. Really what they were trying to show was that Obama is going to kill he narco-traffickers and the dangerous people, but by sending more military and supporting the Arizona law, he is creating more discrimination and harsh abuses.

All of the women were victims of abuse in some form. The little girl had lost her whole family. The one suffered beatings in a deportation prison. There was a translator talking to one who didn't speak English the whole time. I wished I could have been her translator.

Here are pics of the protest. Ill see if I can find some video. And also put up a pic of my LEGIT ID card.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh Bryn! I love reading all of your adventures. Make sure to post any articles/videos you do so I can watch them (though it might take a year with my internet connection). Congrats on being AP official!! Beso, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ that was Emily Stewart by the way jaja

    ReplyDelete