Saturday, June 26, 2010

Little Things I Like About DC







1. The thunder sound the Metro makes when its in the tunnel about to arrive
2. All the different types of people
3. Georgetown
4. Starbucks on every corner
5. Not being able to walk anywhere without passing the White House, monuments, or government buildings
6. How low it looks like the planes are always flying really low and close (Reagan is really close, a few metro stops away)
7. The morning GW Athletes gym...I'm usually the only one there

Today I went to the Zoo, which was disappointing compared to the St Louis Zoo which is so much better. BUT. I did see a panda which was pretty cool. I also went to the Korean War Memorial and the Vietnam Vets Memorial Both are very nicely set-up, with the architecture and the way of presenting them. The Korean War Mem is really neat, its a bunch of soldier statues as though walking through a field. I'm also going to add a picture of it in the winter, it looks gorgeous.

Watching the US-Ghana game now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment