Saturday, June 19, 2010

NYC

Right now I find myself on the Megabus from New York to Washington..thank you, Megabus for the free wifi even if it doesn't allow you to get on youtube. And darn you, Bryn, for deciding to sit in front of the 33 year old grandmother smacking her gum, screaming on her walkie-talkie cell phone, and her 3 year old grandson, chomping grapes and getting yelled at because he wouldn't tell the 33 year old grandmother he loved her the whole 5 hour long drive. Oh, and she said the f word about every other word. To her 3 year old grandson. If she yells any louder I don't know what I'll do. Shameless, in a bad way.

New York was fun. Seeing Leigh and Mom was a blast. The city is crazy busy, people running around everywhere at all times of the day. Truly tiring for someone like me who is not accustomed to big city living and who doesn't particularly enjoy big cities. However, we survived, even though my mom's feet were bothering her the entire time we walked all over. It was very exciting seeing all the things from the movies and the sights you have to see at least once in your life. I am truly grateful to my mom for bringing us and for the welcome break from work. But, it'll hopefully be many years before I make it back to NY. Once every ten-twenty years.

Anyway we hit all the touristy sites and spent a lot of money on taxis and were able to go to a Broadway show, Memphis, which was really fun and upbeat concerning racial separation and civil rights mixed in with the music industry in Memphis in the early 1960's. Leigh went to Promises, Promises the night before by herself and saw Kristen Chenowith (from Wicked and now Glee) and she got Sean Hayes (Jack from Will & Grace)'s autograph when she stood outside the stage door waiting for him.
My favorite attractions were the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) and Ellis Island. Its amazing that a nation founded on immigrants now decided they have too many. MoMA gave me some great ideas for my next wood project (another table, where am I going to put it???) OH. Any by the way, we met Al Roker and Ann Curry at the Today Show. And Valerie Bertinelli. I shook all their hands! Ann even held onto my hand for a while. I thought it was a little weird, too. But she's so sweet.


NY makes DC seem like a small town. And I still haven't decided if I like living there. It was really weird getting back on the bus by myself to go back to DC while Mom and Leigh got on a plane for St. Louis. Gosh! I miss that place.


Pics in another post. It is easier to put them up alone.



-----It's not about where you're going. What really matters is where you came from.----

No comments:

Post a Comment