Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Job!

I think that from here on out I will be writing many LESS blog posts. The reason, you ask? I TYPE ALL DAY. I'm on my computer the entire day from start to finish. Thank GOD I got this new MacBook even if it was expensive.
So, basically, what the interns do at TeleSUR is prepare all the stories and story ideas for the correspondents. Kind of like a backbone and all the stories and news material coming out of DC to the Latin American audience is the body. I work with 4 correspondents, Andrea, Nitza, Reed, and Kaelyn. Reed and Kaelyn are working on a story about the Honduran coup and so I have been helping them a lot with that--mostly transcribing interviews with foreign officials and also Hillary Clinton. I have also been asked to try yo get an interview with Helen Thomas, the lady just basically fired from the White House for saying the Jews should get the "hell" out of Israel and "go home". Which is pretty sassy. She's 90 anyway. So...
After that impossible task failed, I worked on some other stuff. I have an AP press pass which is pretty cool which I'll upload a photo of as soon as I get it. I would say more about my job but maybe I will this weekend after I have not typed in a couple of days. And I walked to work this morning and it was a success. I walk home every night but don't love walking in the morning (have you SEEN how bad I sweat?) but today was cool and beautiful. Plus I just buscar la sombra (ok stay in the shade). Ok well gotta go transcribe some more of an interview with former foreign minister of Honduras Patricia Rodas under president Manuel Zelaya who was ousted during the coup in 2009. It takes like 2 hours just to transcribe (type the speech) of like 5 min of video. Fabulous. And she's quite the talker. Hasta luego, and if you have questions about my job, I'm on my email ALL DAY so feel free to send me an email and I'm more likely to write back. I don't like this, feelings like a "real" person. I work in an almost windowless Associated Press office....if this is the real world, count me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment