Saturday, June 5, 2010

First Exploration in DC

Yesterday I was able to go exploring all day, so I walked all over the city for about 5 hours and was able to see the Washington Monumnet, Lincoln Memorial, White House, WWII memorial, Library of Congress, National Archives, Smithsonian Museums, and the US capitol, among many other interesting things!
I am feeling much better about my living situation, and I wanted to thank everyone that's been checking in and been so supportive during the last few days! DC is great, the city is very pretty and every building looks important, because it probably is.

I went out last night to meet some of my friend Mark's (Leah's little brother) co-interns and then we took the metro to Dupont Circle which is a really cool area with great nightlife and a lot of cool restaurants and shops and we met a girl I have been emailing about DC a lot, she is a friend of a friend from Mizzou. She's lived here about 2 months. The night turned out well. It was very obvious that Dupont was the place to be on a Friday night because at 2:30 AM when we got back on the metro it was full of young people.

PIctures:










No comments:

Post a Comment