Sunday, October 3, 2010



In Plaza Mayor in Ciudad Real there is a huge clock, and every hour on the hour three men come outside playing instruments and play a tune for about 3 minutes. It wouldn't let me insert a video but if you type in "Ciudad Real Clock" on youtube.com, you can see it.

Today I saw my first plastic-covered stroller, to my dismay, fall is here and soon the babies here will be wrapped in sleeping bags and underneath plastic to protect them from wind, rain, and I guess, breathing in the same air as everyone else.

I just returned from a delightful 2 and a half hour walk with two of my flatmates, Noemi and Madeleine. We went out south of the city in the area called La Vía Verde (the green path, more or less). My legs are sore form walking so much.

Last night we went out to a botellon, which is more or less a parking lot filled with 500 young people drinking. It was fun. Like nothing you could EVER see in the States. Think tailgate, but at night, and no cars, and no food. Later we went to a place called Momause about 10 min from the university and one of the guys we were with was from Kurdistan (I think) and 8 of us--4 american girls, one american guy, 2 german guys, and one kurdish guy, held hands in a circle and did a traditional Kurdish dance that he taught us in the middle of a crowded club on Saturday night in Ciudad Real. So funny.

1 comment:

  1. Just let make that kurdish dance again and again while everybody staring us and wondering where they are frommmm ?!!!!!
    greeting ;)

    ReplyDelete