Monday, February 2, 2009

The Weekend

I had another busy weekend!  Kelsey and I and the whole group went out on Friday night.  We hung out at the beach for a little while and then went to Austins, Carpe, and Directo.  We also just walked around the Barrio a little bit.  It was our friend Quinton's last night in Alicante and needless to say, he took full advantage of it..so I also spent a little time taking care of him :(
Saturday I slept in til 11 after getting in pretty late.  I woke up and spent the day at home just hanging out then at around 8 or 9 Pedro came to pick Aurora and I up and we went to a little seafood restaurant.  Truth is, I dont LOVE seafood.  I like to try everything.  I more or less was stomaching everything down.  I prefer chicken and turkey still :)  BUT, it was good nonetheless and the company was good.  The owner of the restaurant came and sat with us the whole time and then the cook, who is his daughter, came over and then the only waiters were her husband Luis and son Angel.  Its a totally family business.  It was also really cheap.  For all of us to eat  and drink it was only 23 euro.  Later, i thought we were going home because it was alreayd about 12:30 at night.  But no, Aurora can stay out later than I can and she can party harder than I can too.  The lady is crazy!  But anyway so we walked down to the Barrio.  i was really tired so obviosuly I wasnt in a good mood.  She wanted to show me all these Spanish bars where the Spanish people hang out so I would stop going where all the Americans are (austin and carpe).  But, since I was in a bad mood I didnt make the best of it.  After all the seafood I also didnt feel up to par.  We went to 6 clubs, and stayed at one for about 40 minutes.  She and Pedro danced but I stayed on the wall like an awkward wallflower.  I felt really out of place.  Maybe if I go with Kelsey it will be better.  A couple of the bars we went to were gay bars and Aurora loves gay men.  They were fun places, but at the time it was a bit much for me.  The smoke was also really bothering me.  I am inhaling more secondhand smoke here in 6 months than i will have in double my whole life, easily.  I hate the smoke.  So after that we went back to Austin so they could have a Guiness, and I had wanted to go home 3 hours prior...so I was like about to fall asleep on the table.  But then, I saw all my friends walk by because they had gone out but I hadnt bc I was with Aurora and Pedro and so they made me feel better. Kelsey came over and sat with us for awhile and then when we FINALLY left we went over and all 3 said hi to all my friends, like Jimmy and Drew and Robbie (my twin).  It was fun in the end to see them but all I wanted to do was go home and rest!!!! We finally got home around 3:30 in the morning...Aurora, I tell you, she's LOCA..

Yesterday (Sunday) we went to Benidorm a city about 45 min away.  It was really fun and we ate some great stuff.  Auroras youngest daughter Beatriz went with us (shes 28).  She is really nice and laid-back.  SHe works and has class all the time so Aurora rarely gets to see her.  We went to a Restaurant way in the mountains called el Font de Molí.  We had bread, duck kidney's with strawberries, mussels (clams?) and then a paella that was magnificent.  it had snails!! my first time.  It also had rabbit.  My 2nd time.  then we went to La Cala, which is a beach town.  There are these huge mountains that just give way to beaches.  It is really pretty.  It was cold and rainy but there were people surfing. We went to an irish pub and had tea, all the people that worked there were from the UK.  They spoke English and not Spanish.  Kind of a welcome treat for me.  I talked with Pedro while we were there about a lot of things.  He is an interesting guy and alwyas very inquisitive, but he is also very nervous.  We got home at a decent hour, around 8.  Then Aurora and I watched Notting Hill and I studied Spanish and she studied English.  We are such students!

More tomorrow, or the next day.  Love you alll!  I wish I could have spent the weekend with my family in moberly celebrating Gram's bday!!

Happy Birthday to my dad!! I won't tell you how old he is...

2 comments:

  1. Who is this crazy lady?!?!?! Happy Birthday Gram! Miss you Brine.
    Maids

    ReplyDelete