Sunday, September 26, 2010

Primer Día en Ciudad Real

My first day in Ciudad Real has gone pretty well, besides getting very lost a few times. The city is really small (wonderfully accessible) but with skinny streets that run in no grid fashion...they are diagonal, sideways, straight, and curvy. They make no sense. I finally got my hands on a good map thanks to my new friend Paige and it helps..mucho. So tonight I went exploring the city a bit more after going to see 2 apartments to maybe rent today. They were both very nice. I'll tell you more about my decisions about flats when I make them (probably tomorrow). I explored a bit then met up with 2 girls and one guy from America. Paige and Janna are both doing the same program I am, and Paige's boyfriend came along for the ride. So we got together in the Plaza Mayor, which was really neat. I passed by a park on my way there where they were having a concert, and 3 hours later, when I left, it was still going on. We sat and talked for awhile (nice to speak English) and then went and got some tapas. We had 2 cañas each (little beers from tap) and they gave us a tapa with each without ordering. With the first round we got calamares, but like full little squids. Delish. Then with the second we got this vegetable/sausage casserole thing. Then we ordered tapas on top of that, and I got the grilled vegetables, which was good. I figured I needed some vegetables--I havent really had a full hot meal in a few days. Tomorrow I get to try out the breakfast here at the hotel, its really nice and I like having the space to myself. I also talked to Aurora today on the phone and it was so great to hear her voice. I also talked to my friend Julio from Alicante. Aurora asked when I was coming and tried to arrange a visit for this coming weekend, but (for the first time ever haha) I told her better to make it the weekend after that so I can get used to this city. Of course then she said "Como te viene mejor, Bryn." Which means whatever works best for you, BRYN. haha. So looks like I'll be making it to Alicante sooner rather than later. CANNOT WAIT. I love Spain so far. Its just as I left it. Just hoping to get settled in rather quickly and work things out. And get started--OH yeah, work! I forgot I came here to work. its easy after sitting for 4 hours at a table eating tapas and beer that I came here to work. Plaza Mayor was bustling with hundreds of people from age 1-101 today from 7-9. I love how that is the Spaniards "out and about" time. its my favorite time of day to be outside. Right when its getting dark.. Its the most crowded time for all the stores and everything. I found a street right off of Plaza Mayor that has all the shops owned by Inditex. Like (avenina maissonave in Alicante) and its amazing..Stradavarius, Bershka, Zara, H&M, Springfield, Pimkie, and Sfera all in the same row. Wish I hadnt discovered it. Might have saved me a lot of money :)

Enough rambling, must hit the hay. Slowly adapting to this Spanish schedule. Its 12:33 am here. Muy buenas.

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweetie
    Sounds like you are making friends(not surprised) and getting oriented. Love that you told us what you ate. Miss you bunches. Can't wait to hear about the apt you choose and your school. Love and kisses. Mom

    ReplyDelete