Monday, April 27, 2009

GERMANY!










I loved Germany!  It was so refreshing seeing an old friend from school and being able to just chat about everything!  Plus Germany is so beautiful and so green.  But the bus costs 2Euro each time!  Sometimes I dodged paying, because you just get on then buy a ticket, and Calley already had a ticket!  We ate so much good German vegetarian food and breads!! Tubignen has a precious river running through it, the Neckar, and it is soo pretty.  Check out the pics.  We went to this Spring Festival in Stuttgart, and it was basically a German beer festival!  We had fun dancing with all the German natives to their national drinking songs.  Of course, I had to try a big beer (after all, they only came in one size and I aaam 21!)  We had a great time, and don't worry of course we went home on the train.  Calley lives in a dorm building with a shared bathroom and kitchen.  It was really nice and she is lucky to have her own room.  We were a little tight trying to fit both of us in the bed, but we figured out that we could both JUST fit if we laid on our backs.  We went one night over to her friend Erins to make dinner and we walked by a farm with all these animals on the way over (something I would NEVER find in Alicante!)  The last night, we made ourselves this typical ravioli-type pasta with sauce...yummmm.  We went for a long two hour hike through the forest and fields and even to the next town over on Sunday, the day before I left.  It was soooo gorgeous, and wonderful to get some exercise and a hike with Cal!  I am very glad I went.  We were lucky to have great weather.  Germany is very different (AKA everything even the bus is on time, to the MINUTE!) but I enjoyed the change.  I kind of missed speaking Spanish, however...I didnt understand a single thing of the very complicated German.  I saw lots of my friends last names on buildings and stuff and it makes me realize how many Americans are of German origin.  And I also saw Molls and Zeit(er)s.  It was great!  I leave for London WEd. night, I am a busy girl.  I started classes back up this week, though.  Ahhhh...don't know if I'm ready for that.  Enjoy the pics and LOVE!


1 comment:

  1. Amazing pictures Bryn. Totally different than Seville. Germany seems much more green and sprawling. You have to go to class? I didn't know you were going to school over there:-))
    I thought I was watching sound of music with you in the field of Edelweiss. Love, Mom Z.

    ReplyDelete