Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Back in Spain!

Hello there! Its been months since I have written/blogged, so FINALLY since I'm back in Spain I guess I can write. I've only been here for a couple of days but they have been great! Right now I am in San José, the little pueblo (town) where Fernando's family has a beach house. I can see the beach from where I'm sitting and above it, hundreds of square white houses stacked one on top of another. This morning we went to a beach not too far away (there are tons of beaches very close) but it was too windy and the sand got in our eyes so we left. Later after lunch we'll probably see if we can go to another.
Yesterday we went out in the boat with Fer's sister, friend, and his girlfriend. It was a lot of fun and such a pretty day but the waves and the boats and beaches are so affected by the wind, we couldn't go too far so we went to a little bay with a little beach. Here the sand is volcanic rock so its very dark. Here are some photos. Its hard to describe how beautiful the views/houses/beaches/town are without pictures. Missing my family already...



Fun facts of things I've realized are better in each country (US and Spain)
In the US, we have better:
Beds
Napkins
Air conditioning
non-smokers
wheat bread

In Spain, they have better:
seafood
beaches
ham
climate
pharmaceuticals

1 comment:

  1. Love your lists of things that are better in Spain and in the U.S. Also love the fact that you used the word "pharmaceuticals."

    Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete